The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wjc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 09:44 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Park

If you have visited the Home Page recently there is an article about Everglades Park.It involves a proposal to restrict the use of combustion engines by 1/3 . Hopefully this will not happen as it will hurt the opportunities to fish a large portion of the park. If you have ever spent any time fishing here you know what a pristene and awesome fishery it can be!
And if you havent believe me when I tell you you cant get to it with an electric motor! This park is a big part of the livlihood of the many guides of the Keys and they cant get you there by kayak! Here is a few pics from my last trip there and hopefully there will be many more to come!

Click the image to open in full size.
The Lookout

The Opening

The Ride

The Fight

Some fish

All alone

The Exit
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-25-2013, 08:18 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Park

Some real nice views there, thanks for sharing
Old 05-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely gorgeous! I hope I can make it downt there someday.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:48 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

You better hurry, Larry.

Our former national parks, as well as the entire nation, have been under the steady, insideous and increasingly vicious assault of UN Agenda 21 since the 1992 UN meeting in Rio de Janero. It, in effect, has given away a large chunk of our national sovereignty including personal property rights.

The Everglades will be completely closed to the public before long if we don't force our "representatives" to represent us. Most of our parks are now UN World Heritage Biosphere Reserves. Biscayne Bay also was, and remains, under seige like the Everglades.

"Every Biosphere Reserve site consists of a protected CORE area, set aside strictly for conservation; a surrounding BUFFER ZONE, with limited human activity allowed; and a larger TRANSITION area, where otherwise legal human use may be severely restricted when the site is judged to be "in danger."

"Today, Yellowstone Park is still considered to be "in danger," according to the UN, because of "year-round visitor pressure." Too many U.S. tourists taking their kids to see Old Faithful, the global bureaucrats in Paris say."

The Florida Keys is one such "Buffer zone" and people (like two friends of mine) who'd just bought their waterfront dream property on Lobster Lane in 1991, suddenly found the following year that Monroe County had passed an Agenda 21 scheme the month following the Rio Conference.

Now, they had to buy TWO ADDITIONAL lots then DONATE them to Monroe County, in order to get a building permit.

Don't believe it - do a search for "Donatable ROGO lots for sale FL. Keys".
ROGO stands for "Rate Of Growth Ordinance" - a "Sustainable Growth" provision of Agenda 21.

So thousands of middle class citizens who'd bought lots with the intention of building on it after retiring had that dream erased in July 1992, and were not compensated for that loss by government.

It is not only our military that's under UN control, but town, county and state govts as well.

The recent "Public Meeting" on that issue, Boz, was so little publlicized that I didn't even hear about it, or I'd have been there ranting at full volume.

If I were to take a wild guess, it would be that your pictures were possibly taken in the vicinity of Snake Bight out of Flamingo maybe even further east towards Twisty, which is one of the projected "motor free" channels. Twisty is the route from here to Flamingo.
theboz likes this.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:00 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure Jim we were flying with guide and it was 48degrees and I was ducked down trying to keep warm. The spot we got into had very few prop scars which shows it's not that easy to access! Our guy said the ranger try's to come in to check him and he usually ends ip stuck! Beautiful place got keep it so we can access the fishery! Thank you for the other info that I was unaware!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-29-2013, 04:50 PM

ditz will become famous soon enoughditz will become famous soon enough

WJC

Can you explain the avenue that this stuff is coming down? I don't understand how the UN has any say in our National parks. The BWA in northern MN has kinda been that way for many years. Visitors must have camping permits to enter or at least stay and no motors have been allowed for as long as I can remember. They only give so many permits but I will say that we never had any problems getting them for our trips into the wilderness. I haven't been there for many years and the rules may well have changed since then.

This does concern me. We should all realize that our lawmakers which are elected are NOT representing the general population. Democrats and Republicans alike.