Honeymoon Island SP (Florida)?

half fast

Reaction score
I'm tentatively planning to visit Honeymoon Island State Park tomorrow, and I would like to give saltwater flyfishing a try. All my experience to date has been with bass and bream in freshwater.

Has anyone fished Honeymoon Island and can you give me some suggestions as to what I should try? Locations, techniques, etc.?

I'll be on the beach or wading. I'm most interested in hooking a trout or two, but I certainly wouldn't mind hooking a redfish or just about anything else that might be swimming.

Also, if you can give any other advice for a salt first timer, I'll be grateful.

Thanks!

half fast

Reaction score
I have a lot of good tips and tricks for HM island, however they wont matter due to the memorial day mad house that will be taking place.

Good luck!
Actually, it wasn't so bad. The causeway was impossible bedlam, of course, but the north end wasn't too crowded and I got some fishing time up to the limits of wifely tolerance. I'll post a report shortly.

I'll be going back, so any tips and tricks you can offer will be used and appreciated!