The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 09:07 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice
Default Honeymoon Island SP (Florida)?

I'm tentatively planning to visit Honeymoon Island State Park tomorrow, and I would like to give saltwater flyfishing a try. All my experience to date has been with bass and bream in freshwater.

Has anyone fished Honeymoon Island and can you give me some suggestions as to what I should try? Locations, techniques, etc.?

I'll be on the beach or wading. I'm most interested in hooking a trout or two, but I certainly wouldn't mind hooking a redfish or just about anything else that might be swimming.

Also, if you can give any other advice for a salt first timer, I'll be grateful.

Thanks!

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:06 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Honeymoon Island SP (Florida)?

Sorry, I can't help you.

But it sounds like it will be an adventure. Go get them!

Dennis
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 AM

thechroniclesofmasi is on a distinguished road

I have a lot of good tips and tricks for HM island, however they wont matter due to the memorial day mad house that will be taking place.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechroniclesofmasi View Post
I have a lot of good tips and tricks for HM island, however they wont matter due to the memorial day mad house that will be taking place.

Good luck!
Actually, it wasn't so bad. The causeway was impossible bedlam, of course, but the north end wasn't too crowded and I got some fishing time up to the limits of wifely tolerance. I'll post a report shortly.

I'll be going back, so any tips and tricks you can offer will be used and appreciated!

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.