The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 AM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Santa Barbara tip

Snuck out for a for a 1 1/2 Sunday session.
Things started off slow. Then I found a pod.

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
von behr likes this.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 AM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post
Glad to hear you made it out there this weekend. I was just in Carpinteria this morning, and the guitarfish were thick. I caught a few guitars and a couple of perch. I didn't see any corbina or leopards, but I'm sure they were out there.

Between Carpinteria and Mussel Shoals, it was a good outing. Next time you're down this way, give me a shout.

-VB
I was in the area around 11. I must have just missed you. Thanks again next time I am in the area I will give you a shout.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:24 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

I was done by 0945 just after high tide and headed home. The early bite was good, but it looks like you still found some perch. Well done.

Next time you're in the area, give me a shout.

-VB
Old 07-23-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von behr View Post

I was done by 0945 just after high tide and headed home. The early bite was good, but it looks like you still found some perch. Well done.

Next time you're in the area, give me a shout.

-VB
I'll do that, thanks for the hospitality.