The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By sandfly
  • 1 Post By tbum2020

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 05:14 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Outer Banks / hatteras NC

Going down in sept. for a week, hope to get out a few times to fish. Here are a few that i tied to take along.

Click the image to open in full size.

Some finger food !

theboz, grouch and yonder like this.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 08-14-2013, 11:05 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outer Banks / hatteras NC

Great selection! Hope the Bluefish don't get a hold of them first! Had 6 Clousers pulverized yesterday by the Yellow Eyed Demons!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-14-2013, 11:31 PM

650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about650flyguy has a spectacular aura about

Are you fishing from the sand?

I have some friends in NC and was thinking about paying the outer banks a visit.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:44 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Yep from the sand. going down in a motor home and hitting spots all the way down the outer banks.

Boz i hope the blues do hit and chew em up. Miss that being where i live now compared to living in se pa. and making the run in 2 hours to I.B.S.P.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

Old 08-15-2013, 01:00 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
Yep from the sand. going down in a motor home and hitting spots all the way down the outer banks.

Boz i hope the blues do hit and chew em up. Miss that being where i live now compared to living in se pa. and making the run in 2 hours to I.B.S.P.
Yeah they are fun ! Fight like mad! Someday I'll make a Demon proof fly! Haha!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-16-2013, 01:02 AM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

If you have time, head to the Oregon Inlet (off the rocks) and fish when tide is coming in... this time is great for blues and Spanish Mackerel. If your looking to get into the big stuff fish an eel pattern deep at night at the Oregon Inlet and that's when the stripers come out to play! I don't want to advise it but for the stripers I clib down the ladders on the inlet bridge piers down to the concrete slab, its gets you down to the water level... Fly fishing directly off the bridge is not going to happen. Also, fish on the ocean side of the bridge and the rocks are also on the ocean side. If your looking to fish the surf, directly past the the inlet is a great place just be careful if your not used to the ocean waters because this is where the rip tide is at its strongest. As for the surf I learnt to look for areas where the beach gets steep as it meets the waters edge and look for black sand that's very "shelly"... the best places off the surf is where it hurts to walk in barefoot. I used to live there in the summer for baseball, I'm jealous, I actually got a Nags head t-shirt on as I type! Good luck and let us know how you do!
yonder likes this.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:19 AM

Thanks for the advise on the rip, been fishing the beaches since 1965. old jetty jock from the jersey beaches.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215