The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 09:05 PM

bloomagoo will become famous soon enoughbloomagoo will become famous soon enough
Default It's Raining Schoolies

Rain and wind was the story of the day, but that didn't deter me from fishing. Protected from the elements in my rain gear, my GoPro in its waterproof housing, I set out with my 8 wt St. Croix Triumph to conquer the mighty striped bass. I launched two hours ahead of high tide and had my first fish 15 minutes later. Dragging a size 1/0 white/olive/black Clouser I picked up six fish, including one herring, before the bite died at slack tide. Once the tide started moving again I found a nice rip loaded with schoolies and started to slay them one right after another. No legal fish today but I had the water to myself and a boatload of fun on the fly rod. Watch the video
Old 10-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It's Raining Schoolies

Looks like a really fun day on the water, congrats!

Larry

Old 10-08-2013, 11:35 PM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

Great stuff. Does your boat have a reverse? Thanks
Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 AM

bloomagoo will become famous soon enoughbloomagoo will become famous soon enough

Theoretically I can pull the Mirage Drive and reverse it, but it's a heck of a lot easier to just pick up the paddle.