The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Took a Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Looks like an amazing trip, and a successful one at that Dennis! Is that a 3N and a Proaxis?

Beautiful photos of beautiful places! Thanks for writing up the report and guiding me to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterpunk View Post
(G)reat location.

That looks like an standard arbor Abel Super 7n, what rod is that guy fishing? I see you like a Hardy Proaxis.
Thanks guys.

It's an old school Abel Big Game 3n with a solid back and round ports. My rod is a Hardy ProAxis.

The picture of the guide holding the Bonefish that I caught has my 12 weight Sage Xi2 with an Abel Big Game 4n tucked under his arm.

When walking the flats, I walked with my Bonefish rod in my hand while the guide held onto my 12 weight just in case a GT crossed my path.

Dennis
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:00 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice
Default Re: Took a Trip

Love the trip report Dennis. That looks and sounds like a load of fun.

Some local guys I know have been to C. Island and told me some pretty amazing stories, especially about the GTs. Definitely on my bucket list.

Scott