The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 09:58 AM

thesmayway is on a distinguished road
Default Cancun in the surf?

I'll ask the same question I did on my home state forum with the hope that a larger audience has more experience.

I've got a flats guide booked for playa blanca in late June when my wife and i go for vacation but only one day. we'll be staying north of town in playa mujeres. have any of you fished from the beach successfully? one day of fishing won't cut it for me and I'd like to occupy myself on the beach. if so, can you recommend times/tides, flies, etc? We are staying at excellence playa mujeres and my understanding is that they are one of the only resorts this far north if town so I should have no problem finding casting room. Has anyone done this from any of the resorts in the area? Thanks!