The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nctribute

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2014, 02:51 PM

luked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the roughluked is a jewel in the rough
Default Costa del mar lens color?

For you all that fish the salt and use costa del mar 580g glasses. What lenses do you prefer. The green mirror of the blue mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2014, 02:58 PM

nctribute is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Costa del mar lens color?

The green mirror are amber lens color and the blue mirror are gray. Amber is usually better for inshore and nearshore sight casting.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 05-28-2014, 03:34 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Get the gray base. I fish the green/amber. Great lenses but I'd want something darker off shore. I find the green lens to be spectacular fishing inshore street, rivers and creeks.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 PM

mrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to beholdmrfzx is a splendid one to behold

I have both the green and the blue mirrored lenses. I had the blue first, and thought they were great. Now that I have the green, I hardly ever wear the blue.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing than the worm. ~Patrick F. McManus, Never Sniff a Gift Fish, 1979

Anger is like peeing in your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel it. ~Jeff Yalden

Remember: The winner gets to write the history books.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:03 PM

lil_ol_angler_me is on a distinguished road

having been a charter Capt for over a quarter century and fishing the Chesapeake bay and all offshore and inshore waters all the way down to Key west, almost all charter capts use amber for inshore and the blue grey for offshore "blue water" fishing and before spending $$$$$$ for Costas ( I gave my Costas away a long time ago) look into "FLYING FISHERMAN GLASSES' they are in Tavernier Fl (middle keys)...it is all I have worn for over 15 years

just my opinion also the owners, Pat and Linda are great people to deal with
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 PM

labradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nicelabradorguy is just really nice

The blue water suggestions are right on, but if you're hitting the flats, it's rose colored glasses for me. Sorta gay I suppose, but they are sure hard to beat for performance.