The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cochise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 01:20 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Ding Darling National Refuge, Sanibel

Went out again to Ding to throw my pinfish around. Today the tide was in more than last week when I went and I only hooked up on one tarpon, he ended up breaking my line, my bad I did not have a fresh bite tippet on and as soon as I was happy he was hooked and I thought that I may touch this king, he broke me off. Moron.

Last week, when the tide was low and the place was full of rolling Tarpon, I turned a load of fish and landed four.

Today like the three times before when I was in there, the little snook were/are everywhere, what a great estuary for these little fellas. I am still amazed at how many varieties of fish there are and each one of them has their own protocol. I am sure the larger fish are there but I have not figured out how to hook them....yet.

Thursday I will be back in the boat with a neighbor who just got a new Mitzi and is quite savvy about where to fish close to the cape. I hope to hook up on some of the larger fish I missed the other day.

Click the image to open in full size.

Beat the heck out of working though.
kcjerryd likes this.