The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2015, 02:28 PM

fliedout is on a distinguished road
Default East End Bonefish Lodge (Grand Bahama)

Has anyone been there? I've been to Deep Water Cay, but it's become almost too fancy. (I'm not sure a fishing lodge should have an extensive wine list.)
Old 03-28-2015, 03:55 PM

sweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: East End Bonefish Lodge (Grand Bahama)

I've never been to Deep Water Cay but its appeal to me is its location and access to such varied and little impacted habitat. It is over the top too costly for me even by bonefish lodge standards...OK, I know they have fancy skiffs and upper end guides. I spoke to the guys at East End at the Somerset Show and they fundamentally fish the same interesting water. The wife and I are OK splurging on a bonefish trip and are off to Mangrove Cay to explore and learn something about the South Bight in week or so. I am not looking for luxury digs at camp...I am comfortable buying a decent malt at the Nassau Duty Free in the airport, eating locally caught sea creatures with rice and peas and give me a guide who can pole with some stealth and has good eyes and I am good.

Grande Bahama is a great fishery and I look forward to your report.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:59 PM

digcoop22 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: East End Bonefish Lodge (Grand Bahama)

I've made four trips to EEL over the last couple years. You can see Deep Water Caye from the dock at EEL. I can't say enough great things about EEL. Excellent rooms, customer service, staff, and guides. A great value compared to DWC. Both lodges fish the same areas. You can't go wrong if you decide to go to EEL.