The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

Like Tree26Likes
  • 7 Post By cochise
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 3 Post By Hardyreels
  • 3 Post By fq13
  • 4 Post By cochise
  • 3 Post By Joey Bagels
  • 4 Post By fq13

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 08:51 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future
Default Opposite ends of the spectrum!

Nature is amazing. Inside of the same week I was able to capture both of these fish on the same camera.

The weather here remains perfect.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 12-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opposite ends of the spectrum!

Cody: Great looking baby Tarpon, congrats! I have to agree, your wx looks way better then the cold we are experiencing.
cochise and GrtLksMarlin like this.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Whoa Man!

Did you have that giant hooked? That's a big one buddy.
mcnerney, cochise and GrtLksMarlin like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-03-2015, 10:50 PM

fq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to all

Awesome Cochise! I love baby tarpon. II spend more time fishing my three weight in the Tamiami Trail canals than I do chasing eighty pounders off shore. A small tarpon on a trout rod beats everyy trout ever born in terms of fight per ounce, and none of the work of the big ones.: Nice pic, I am psyched to hit Naples now! Those golden freshwater tarpon are my favorites.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:03 AM

cochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant futurecochise has a brilliant future

Yes Ard, she was hooked up (not on a fly) sadly did not touch that fish. Absolute beasts at that size.

I was amazed at how many tarpon are in the back waters right now. Some huge Snook as well.

The deer flies are getting really bad in my spots.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:25 AM

Joey Bagels is a jewel in the roughJoey Bagels is a jewel in the roughJoey Bagels is a jewel in the rough

Man. I LOVE stalking tarpon on fly. It's been a few years since I hooked one, but when I retire to the Keys, I plan on bothering plenty of them. Probably little herrings like your first photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcnerney, GrtLksMarlin and fq13 like this.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:25 PM

fq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to allfq13 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bagels View Post
Man. I LOVE stalking tarpon on fly. It's been a few years since I hooked one, but when I retire to the Keys, I plan on bothering plenty of them. Probably little herrings like your first photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are the most fun! Seriously, catch one big one to get it out of your system, then break them off after three jumps, because after that they go deep and its like reeling in a wet doormat. The first five minutes with the big ones are great, the next forty five? Not so much. The little guys though, say three feet to eight inches? Those are a blast on light tackle. I can. catch them all day And not get tired of it. A three weight into the salt? Hell yeah! You can have the big ones, fhey are fun, but me I'm with Cochise and the same **** eating grin getting a little guy on UL tackle.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:44 PM

GrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant futureGrtLksMarlin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cochise View Post
The deer flies are getting really bad in my spots.
Try this as we have deer flies galore in Michigan...I had noticed that constantly I was only getting bit behind my ears by the flies, so one day simply just not wanting to get bit there, I draped a bandana over my head so it hung just ahead of my ears and over the back of my neck down to my collar.

The flies will still swarm around, yet they don't bite and that is without any repellant.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.