The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2010, 07:41 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Trying to find a video clip

This clip was originally posted on the Fly Fishing Film Tour's site in 09'. The video featured the greatest fly fishing flip out scene ever! The guy had three chances at landing this permit but on the last attemp he just lost it, the fish and his mind!!! Funny funny stuff I tried youtube and their own site but still can't find it. I can't remember the title but the video was all about permit. Anyone seen or know where I can find this clip?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Re: Trying to find a video clip

I know the one you mean. The angler probably raised a big ruckus when he found out it was on the internet and made them take it off, it made him look like such a jerk.

I think all the recent hype about getting fish released quickly is causing more problems than it's solving by trying to land fish when "they ain't done yet", as a guide buddy of mine says. The fish either swim off with a hook in their mouth, hurt themselves worse, or in the case of really large fish, sometimes injure the fishermen by jumping in the boat.

While diving the reef, I've seen both baracuda and grouper with so many jigs, lures and hooks all over their faces, I wondered how they could eat, so I don't subscribe to the "corroding away in a few days theory".

They didn't look a whole lot better than this guy, though the assortment and placement of hardware was more random and diverse.

Click the image to open in full size.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-01-2010, 06:27 AM

pikeaddict is on a distinguished road

The clip is from "WorldAnling.com", it's on their website and also on Vimeo.com

"Connected by WorldANGLING fly fishing the Florida Keys for Tarpon and Permit"
Old 10-01-2010, 07:04 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

That's the one, Pike!

Cheers,
JIm
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Thanks buddy I needed a good laugh!!! I used to be that guy till I figured out what its was really all about.