The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 08:49 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default What to do, Durned Tomas

Here I was all set to go on a Bonefishing trip to Long Island in the Bahamas. & Tomas Showed up. They say that it will pass thru on Sat. & that's our travel day. We have a Charter scheduled for Sat From Nassau to Long Island but I don't really want to fly into a hurricane or tropical storm. Even if we get there , the flats will be topped with freshwater for a few days if they get significant rain. Hopefully the lodge will let us reschedule & we'll just have to take the hit on the airline tickets.
This is the first year I didn't get Travel insurance with trip cancellation & guess what. Lesson learned. Just some advice for everyone , Invest in the trip ins.

Neil
Old 11-04-2010, 04:05 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all
Default Re: What to do, Durned Tomas

Point taken. I hope you work something out. When we went to the OBX earlier this year there had been a hurricane that passed 70 miles of the coast on our travel day. I would bet there wasn't a dozen fish caught on the whole island. (exaggeration i know) The surf was so rough that nothing could be kept out there. Even spin tackle with an 8 oz sinker. Ill be thinking about you.........

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 11-04-2010, 08:26 AM

seajay will become famous soon enoughseajay will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What to do, Durned Tomas

Just hope that it stays on a westerly track into the Gulf towards Mexico.. And you will be fine. We currently have a large area of Low Pressure moving across Fla. moving to the East N.E. So you may still see some rain and wind. Still what a drag.