The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Inexpensive Fly lines

Hey guys I don't usually advertise and I rarely chase deals that are too good to be true but I took a shoot and paid $35 for three of these lines in a 9WT. The ad says they are made by AIRFLO, don't know how true it is but can tell you the lines are pretty good. They are a little short but they throw well and the running line sits well in the basket well without tangling. Basically if I had $35 for one of these lines I would be happy, the fact that I got all three made it that much better...

eBay Store - TACKLEDISCOUNTS ultimate value: Fly Lines - Multi line kits:
Old 12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Inexpensive Fly lines

Hi swirlchaser,

I was real excited at first thinking you got the Ridge lines for that price. Then I realized that it was the older AIRFLO lines. I seem to remember that they are made with a Braided Core with little to no stretch. Is that what your lines are? In saltwater the no stretch may be a blessing with the right setup.

Frank
Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Inexpensive Fly lines

Hey Frank,

They are mono core lines.