The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 10:40 PM

BMWrider is on a distinguished road
Default Need Partner - Long Island Bahamas 5/31-6/6

I have a trip booked for bonefishing on Long Island in the Bahamas May 31-June 6. My fishing partner has had to cancel. I'm looking for someone who would like to join in on the trip. This is a guided trip with Samuel Knowles who has an excellent reputation. The lodging is clean and comfortable but not fancy with meals included. The cost is $1,660. If interested check out the guide service using this link:

Welcome to Bonefish Adventures. Your fish is waiting.

I fished Long Island in December and it was quite good and should be even better in June. Contact me with a post back to the forum or better yet phone me.

(828) 768-8984

Richard Brown
Asheville, NC
Old 01-31-2009, 11:07 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Need Partner - Long Island Bahamas 5/31-6/6

I've been to the Greenwich lodge & liked it. We're booked again for Nov. I'm jealous, i wish I could join you , It's a great week, good food, nice pool & nice people & you don't have to go far to get to the flats like some places. Have Sam take you out to Turtle rock. That's a blast until the sharks come in.
The hardest part of the trip was getting there. We fly Continental into Nassau & a charter into Deadman's Cay so we don,t lose a day in Nassau.
Good Luck
Neil
Old 02-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi BMWrider,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around the forum and we see more post from you. Make sure you give us a report on your trip and some pictures.

You might want to let us know a little bit about your self. Are you a long time fly fisher? Is this you first trip for Bones or have you made a trip before?

I just thought that someone who might be interested may like to know a little bit about you.

Frank
Old 02-02-2009, 10:33 AM

BMWrider is on a distinguished road

Frank,

I've been a fly fisherman for a long, long time. I've primarily fished for trout in the east but have also fished Montana extensively. I have fished for bonefish several time in the Bahamas and tarpon in Homossasa Springs.

This year I'm gearing up to do more saltwater fishing which for me is going to take some effort since I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina. A trip to the coast of NC is a 7-9 hour drive although I can get to the SC coast in five hours. A week or so ago I spoke with a guide on the NC coast who guides for spinner sharks on the fly and that really got me going. Gonzo fly fishing for jumping sharks sounds like a very good time.

The bonefishing trip to Long Island is a far more civilized adventure. Having just been to Long Island in December I can say that it is a very pleasant, laid back place. One nice advantage to fishing for bones in Long Island is that the flats are close by which means no long boat rides to fish. Several guys who I have communicated with highly recommended Samuel Knowles. Everyone says they run a very good operation and are extremely nice people with which to fish.

Here is another link which gives some additional information on the Knowles operation:

Long Island Bahamas fishing and bonefishing guide.

I have posted this invitation on several sites and one response asked if my invitation was a sincere offer or one where I am packaging a deal to try and get a free trip. This is absolutely not the case. I'm going solo if no one else wants to come along. I'm getting nothing out of this other than trying to cut the expense of solo fishing and get some breaks during five days of fishing.

Anyone who might be interested should know that there are generally only a single flight per day to the out islands in the Bahamas. If you don't book a flight early you can't get there and back on specific dates. The best rates I found were through CheapTickets.com.

Richard
Old 02-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the additional input. It may help someone make up their mind about the trip.

Frank