The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 PM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Bluefish Blitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Hahahahahaa!!! Greg or whatever his name was right? Hahah I just remember hearing "it got me" there was a perfect bite mark where the tip of his thumb should have been! If I remember right you waited quite a while before you left! Hahahaha that was classic Jersey Shore Blitz fishing didn't Greg quit fishing after that? Oh man dude I'm tears laughing so hard! we were all knuckle heads!!! Hahahaha It got me!
Haha It was Greg, haha so funny. He might of quit. Truth, I fish till they when back down, laughing the whole time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
If I come across Albies with conventional gear I swear by a 007 dimond jig with a short shank 1/0 hook. My problem with flyfishing Albies in the NY/NJ area is the won't stand still!
Them suckers don't stay still, but I will chase them all day in a boat, Cause when you hook up on a fly, look out... I cant think of anything that is more fun then albies on a fly rod! Fishing for albies is one of the few times that i get frustrated with the blues...
Old 03-03-2011, 06:43 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by only adipose View Post
Haha It was Greg, haha so funny. He might of quit. Truth, I fish till they when back down, laughing the whole time..

Them suckers don't stay still, but I will chase them all day in a boat, Cause when you hook up on a fly, look out... I cant think of anything that is more fun then albies on a fly rod! Fishing for albies is one of the few times that i get frustrated with the blues...
I agree, they will definately test your drag. I have a buddy that sails out of Shark River, he loves chasing them suckers all day long.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:59 PM

only adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the roughonly adipose is a jewel in the rough

I havnt done it in a few years but finally got my own boat, no more trying to convince people that its a good idea, it is a goose chase... but i'll be on it this year... outside of shark river is primetime...
Old 03-03-2011, 08:43 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I havnt done it in a few years but finally got my own boat, no more trying to convince people that its a good idea, it is a goose chase... but i'll be on it this year... outside of shark river is primetime...
Want company ????
Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 PM

haha maybe.. sweet video by the way..

Last edited by only adipose; 03-03-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:46 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
haha maybe.. sweet video by the way..
I smell an Albie posse forming...