The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2010, 08:51 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Bluefish Blitz

Check out this video. When they are in this close & in this frenzy they will hammer anything you throw at them......

Old 12-08-2010, 09:13 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Bluefish Blitz

Ahhhhhhhhh memories! Theres another member here thatcan atest to this story but one day while out fishing the old Esso tanks in Atlantic Highlands NJ fish were literally jumping in our face! I could never remember how many we caught then, but it was just insane!
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Dang! That's nuts!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was quite the sight! Wouldn't that be a fun day of fishing!
Kind of reminds me of some of the salmon fishing trips I did in Alaska, literally catching fish until you can't hold your arms up any longer. Those were good days!

Larry

Old 12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great stuff--- days like that don't come often, but when they do it's an awesome sight.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I had a chance to fish for them while I lived in VA. I wish they had shown a picture of the mouth full of teeth on those babies. Very tasty but a nasty jib full of razor sharps in the jaws.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-09-2010, 11:03 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I used to fish for them when I was stationed at the sub base in Groton CT. One of the most amazing fish anywhere. And they will nail flies.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

More
Bob Pop Videos

What's not evident in the videos is the noise. A big bluefish blitz is deafening
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Rip,

I once was out off the end of Pennfield Reef in Ct. wading to about a foot below the top of my waders - casting out to the ocassional boil. Slowly a noise started that became super loud. My hearing isn't so good, and some guy said what the hell is all that noise.

So we turned around towards shore and the water was solid froth behind us, just roaring. It was scary. Within a minute or so about 5 acres or more of froth was moving toward us. Bait started jumping into my waders and fish were banging into me almost non-stop before I got onto the reef.

I wasn't about to stay out there.

I don't know how many I caught, only that every cast resulted in a hookup. Sometimes the popper was hit 4 or 5 times before I got a hookup, but I don't think I ever had to re-cast.

I checked the hook on the popper I was using with a loupe when I got back to the shop, and saved it. I don't think there is a single spot on that hook that doesn't have a tooth dent within 10 thousandths of an inch in any direction.

It was unbelievable. The were all small and exactly the same size. I wish I had a way to take a picture of that hook through a loupe.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 PM

thenextlevel is on a distinguished road

It doesn't get any better than that. Last month at Cape Lookout we caught Bluefish in between Albies. They were a absolute blast absolutely, brutal strikes and a great bulldog fight. I love em...