The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Saltwater Fly Fishing

Saltwater Fly Fishing Bonefish, Tarpon, Redfish, Permit, False Albacore, Striped Bass, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 01:06 PM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future
Default Just took a video of tarpon on a fly

Hi all,

Just took a video yesterday of a tarpon on a fly for a buddy of mine who's a guide in the Keys. He had a good customer who didn't mind , so I got my butt out of bed at 4 AM and met them at Capm Apple's house. A weak cold front was moving in and Apple wanted to get out early.

First fish was about 90-100 lbs but was caught at 6 AM and too dark. Second fish wasn't until about 11:30, so the light was good.

Had to shorten the video to 5 minutes due to file size (28 MB as it is), but resolution is good enough to zoom to 200%. No rapp music or muzak. All live audio except for a couple voice over 'Beeps" for propriety. After all, my daughter will watch it, since I want to get her hooked to a tarpon this summer on a fly rod.

The dialogue between guide and customer is pretty funny at times, and I tried to keep my own guffawing to a minimum. The only commercial info is 5 seconds or so of contact info at the beginning. Apple is working as an overflow guide at Hawks Cay Resort and I'm slowly putting a web site together for him for his own clients in my spare time- which is currently just a couple pages on my own website (unrelated to fishing).

Hope you all enjoy it.
http://www.miterclamp.com/Capm Apple...ponweb3wmv.wmv

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just took a video of tarpon on a fly

Jim

Nice work on the video, very nice to watch!

Larry
Old 04-19-2009, 08:42 AM

King Fisher is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to King Fisher

Outstanding footage. Man, I'm jones'n to get down there.

Congratulations.

KING FISHER

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/w...logosmall2.jpg

EBAY STORES
Old 04-19-2009, 09:54 AM

wjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant futurewjc has a brilliant future

Thanks Larry and King Fisher. The sun was high and Chris's "enthusiasm" with the bowing got him out of the way of the fish.

I know what you mean King, it's even worse for me, being here and stuck with having to move my shop (50,000 lbs of machinery) because my industrial space landlord is getting forclosed on. Four of my fishing buddies (including Apple) have been calling me for two months now to go after a variety of species, and I got to get business taken care of.

I feel bad for member UniKnot who just got here yesterday because the wind is howling. Doesn't look too promising for this coming week either. Makes it especially tough for wading.

Cheers,
Jim