The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2009, 01:14 PM

travismgause is on a distinguished road
Default Rainbow Bugger

Well this is my first post here, hope I don't do anything wrong. This is a pattern I started tying a couple years back when living in Idaho, I used to fish it in the Malad Gorge (out of Hagerman). It worked really well on Golden's and Rainbows, purple is probably the most productive, next would be red/brown mylar. I use a tungsten bead for the head to help promote sinking and wrap the hook shank in wire also. I am heading off on Sat. to fish browns on the S.D. WY. border, I will update when I return. (hope the pic shows up)
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:13 PM

Steelhead Junkie will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Rainbow Bugger

Nice to see a new member. And a nice fly pattern.LOL Thats a nice pattern It is customary to post an introduction here:Member Introductions - Fish&Fly North American Fly Fishing Forum,but don't worry. I did the exact same thing as you. So have others

Tight Lines,

Steelhead Junkie
Old 06-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

on board,nice fly....purple may be attractive on bows...reminds me a pattern I created long ago and called the bishopfor when the bishop is here trout must say their prayers
Old 06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

travismgause: Welcome to the forum and nice streamer! We have a few other members living in the Cody area, if that is close to you. What waters do you like to fish?

Larry
Old 06-19-2009, 05:08 PM

travismgause is on a distinguished road

Well I just moved to Wyoming a few weeks ago so I havnt fished any water yet, but heard about a place named sand creek that I am going to try this weekend, full of browns and cutts, clear water undercut banks...sounds like fun I will update when I return
Old 07-27-2009, 08:46 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

you guys are making me miss my old stomping grounds (Greybull Wy). You should be getting strikes with that one travismgause. I've fished the general area you are going and you will be pleased I think.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:47 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

. Nice looking Bugger. Nice effect in the pic with the rainbow flash showing. Yeah, let us know how it goes.