The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 AM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road
Default A few soft hackles

Hello all. New guy here but been tying flies for quite a few years, here's a few soft hackles I tied up this morning to add to the arsenal.
1st one is a Brassie Flymph with a starling hackle, on a sz 16 mustad 3906B hook.
2nd one is a Red Ass, used red thread, peacock for the body and a guinea feather for the hackle, sz 12 mustad 3906B Hook.
3rd was a Peacock Flymph, peacock for the body and a badger hackle, sz 16 mustad 3906B hook.
I wasn't in the mood to go any smaller than a sz 16 this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brassie Flymph sz16.jpg (15.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg Red Ass sz12.jpg (17.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg Peacock Flymph sz16.jpg (16.5 KB, 84 views)
Then You're The One!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few soft hackles

flytyer56: NIce work on the nymphs, they would do really good in this part of the country! I really like your version of the Red Ass.

Larry
Old 07-14-2009, 12:26 AM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Larry, I can't take credit for the flies. I got the patterns from Allen McGee's book "Tying & Fishing Soft-Hackled Nymphs. That is a good book alot of imfo and patterns.
Then You're The One!!!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:27 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

One of the beauties of fly tying is that it lets one be creative. There are so many different hook, body, thorax, underwing, wing combinations that can be done for a soft hackle wet fly.

Nice flies. I'm sure that you will catch plenty of fish with them.

MP