The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:23 AM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Exclamation taking a rotary vise to the extreme!!

found this video on youtube...this guy is using im guessing a norvise but i think its awesome how he puts the dubbing on the thread its crazy and it dont look like a bad fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o819Q...F7808&index=15
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

how many wrap thier hackle to the tying thread like that? I don't but it looks solid. That booger looks downright bomb proof!!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
how many wrap thier hackle to the tying thread like that? I don't but it looks solid. That booger looks downright bomb proof!!
That was very interesting way of wrapping the thread to the hackle. It sure looks like a nor vise.

Larry
Old 08-03-2009, 11:43 AM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuramille View Post
i dont wrap mine like that...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher117 View Post
i dont wrap mine like that...
I know what you mean, me neither, I just thought that was an interesting way to add some strength to the wrap. Very nice way to tie buggers, especially the way he adds dubbing to the thread and then draws it out.

Larry
Old 08-03-2009, 12:03 PM

thats my favorite part of the vid...i wana try that now but dont know what fly to try it on
Old 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Good point, I'm in the middle of tying up some Bite Me Buggers for the Bugger Swap, I may play around with that to see if I can perfect the method using my Peak Vise.

Larry
Old 08-03-2009, 12:08 PM

will your vise spin fast enough? i loosened mine up a lot to see how fast it would rotate and i cant get it to go nearly that fast
Old 08-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher117 View Post
will your vise spin fast enough? i loosened mine up a lot to see how fast it would rotate and i cant get it to go nearly that fast
Yes, it will spin really fast, I think the vise must be riding on small bearings because it is extremely easy to spin.

Larry
Old 08-03-2009, 12:16 PM

flytyer56 is on a distinguished road

That is a Nor-Vise he's using. I don't see why it wouldn't work with any true rotary vise. It just wouldn't spin as fast. And by wraping the hackle and thread together like that it just makes the hackle stronger. Before spinning be sure to throw a half hitch on the shank then just catch the dubbing between the thread and hook shank and spin away. It works good. I do it all the time with my Nor-Vise.
Then You're The One!!!!!