The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 11:27 AM

Flityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura about
Default Peacock Quill Wing Streamers

Here is a group of peacock quill wing streamers ready for action. This is a fly I developed over the years. It was inspired by a hand full of old school march brown wet flys given to me as a youngster by Andy of the Windsor Fly Shop in Stroudsburg, and along with some wet flys given to me from Ted Patlen.
These are tied on old Mustad 9575 return eye streamer hooks in a size 10.

Click the image to open in full size.

Allen Landheer
Fly fishing is not for everyone..
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 03-02-2011, 11:33 AM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly
Default Re: Peacock Quill Wing Streamers

Nice Peacock Quill Wing streamer, I really like the looks of the fly. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Nice flies and small ones for such detail, I am a streamer guy and this wing makes the fly! No matter where you would fish with that fly something that looks like this is swimming around and on the trouts menu.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-03-2011, 05:46 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice streamers, Allen!

I like the way that the herl works with the throat and the colors work very well with the body. Wings looks great! All on a #10 hook; impressive.

Pocono
Old 03-11-2011, 09:36 PM

Flityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura aboutFlityer has a spectacular aura about

Thank you all for your kind words! While at the Valley Forge Fly Fishing show I stopped by to Graham Maisey of Gaelic Hooks . He had a fresh selection on Mike Martinek Rangeley hooks . I bought some size 6 8XL with the idea in mind of stretching this pattern out to give it a larger profile. So as soon as I got home I whipped a few up.. Can't wait to fish them !

Allen Landheer
-Fly fishing since 1971-
Old 03-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Well Allen, it looks as if those new hooks proved to be good inspiration for you. I'm a streamer aficionado; been tying and fishing them for long enough I can get away with saying that

Nice work there,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Allen: Very nice work on those streamers! Good fishing!

Larry

Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Allen,

Looks really good on the Mike Martinek 8X Rangeley streamer hook, but I still like that pattern on the old Mustad #10's.

Recently, I've gotten into some mini-streamers on #14 hooks; after reading an article in GFF by Clyde Watson. I fish for Brookies a lot; so the larger streamer patterns don't do me a whole lot of good up here in the Poconos. You know the water that I'm talking about!

Pocono
Old 03-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Great fly, and really well tied. God job. I'm stealing the pattern.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:11 PM

Thank you guys for your kind words !I'm glad you like it, I hope you all will tye a few up to fish and post a story of how you did with this fly.

Allen Landheer
-Fly fishing since 1971-