The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default A Couple That Have Been Productive This Winter

Here are a couple patterns that have worked well on my local tailwaters this winter.
The first is a midge I call Jumpin Black Flash Size 22

Click the image to open in full size.

This second is BWO that has been especially deadly in 11 Mile Canyon this winter. Size 20

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Couple That Have Been Productive This Winter

Yat, most exceptional. What is the material for the thorax on that first fly? Looks like Estaz, but for a size 22 that doesn't jive.

Thanks,

Kelly.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
Yat, most exceptional. What is the material for the thorax on that first fly? Looks like Estaz, but for a size 22 that doesn't jive.

Thanks,

Kelly.
It's peacock herl Kelly. Thanks for asking.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, from the pic I wouldn't have thunk it. Thanks for the info and again, great flies.

Kelly.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:01 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

I like them
Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Great looking flies Yat..Is that a glass bead on the midge?

Dan
Old 03-04-2011, 10:53 AM

Yes. Mercury glass bead. The body is a single piece of black Krystal flash wrapped flat up to the bead, with a thin coat of UV Knot sense covering, then the peacock herl.
Super simple but deadly. I've had hits on that fly as soon as it hits the water, before it even sinks.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Yat: Very nice looking patterns! Thanks for posting the receipe for the Jumping Jack Flash, I'm going to have to give that a try!

Larry

Larry
Old 03-04-2011, 12:11 PM

I will be tying some of those Jumpin' Black Flash midges this evening. Can't wait to use 'em, but the Dr. says wait I must

Kelly.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kglissmeyer1 View Post
I will be tying some of those Jumpin' Black Flash midges this evening. Can't wait to use 'em, but the Dr. says wait I must

Kelly.
Kelly as much as the fly fishing itch is bugging you, its better to follow the doc's advice on the ankle. We don't want you laid up when the warm wx returns!

Larry

Larry