The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 01:39 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default gizzarg shad ep pattern

seen millions of shad in the river today and one was beat up swimming all retarded like it got took out by a steelie so I came up with a idea. its silver flashabou with white and grey congo hair tied in a ep pattern. added some white/pearl 3d eyes and also a black dot behind the ear like the real things. this is my 1st ep minnow in a long time. looks pretty decent! will take it and try it out asap. I made only one for now as I need to make up some more clousers too and these ep's take forever for me. next free day will make some more if this one works out! seems liek the hooks short but in the vids i watched seems thats how long they make um too??? its only 2 1/2 or 3 inches or so anyways not like they won't just inhale the fly anyways...
Click the image to open in full size.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: gizzarg shad ep pattern

That is a great fly! Pretty much adaptable to other baitfish species.
Large gamefish, salmon, pike, steelhead, will take a minnow sideways, then turn it and swallow the thing usually head first. The hook in the mid section is placed well for that initial take. Nice job.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

McFly: Very nice work on the EP pattern! Let us know how you do with the new pattern.

Larry
Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

It looks pretty perfect, except I would try to make it a little more sparse to add more movement and help it sink a bit faster.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

GMF,

That looks like a winner. I need to try that style of tying. You need to do a step by step series on how you did that. When your not fishing of course...................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-22-2009, 12:52 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
It looks pretty perfect, except I would try to make it a little more sparse to add more movement and help it sink a bit faster.
oh whoops its suppose to be a gizzard shad. not gizzarg lol! thanks cliff heard this on my other forums too. will use half as much as I think I need like the video said. Hardy, I used this video and step by step to get it down. I just clicked on the windows media player version . http://www.flyfishohio.com/Puglisi_Baitfish.htm

Old 10-22-2009, 09:16 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

what river are you seein em in George ??? Take half then Half again and you'll have it then. I tie them for the beach and the delaware river in herring and bunker patterns.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 10-22-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
what river are you seein em in George ??? Take half then Half again and you'll have it then. I tie them for the beach and the delaware river in herring and bunker patterns.
the vermilion river, a lake erie trib. will do next ties keep ya posted!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:33 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Put my bet down on it clobbers 'em.