The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 11:51 AM

lourdios will become famous soon enoughlourdios will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Wood Series; Salmon & Trout Patterns

as always very nice flies Ard . also very well shot
Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 PM

Bamboo10 is a jewel in the roughBamboo10 is a jewel in the roughBamboo10 is a jewel in the rough

Very nice ties Ard, after looking at some of your flies you got me looking over on the classic fly tying forum. I can see where those kinds of flies could become habit forming. I hope I have the strength to keep from sliding down that slippery slope.
GJ
Old 12-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing the recipes. I'm not sure how I missed this post this long, but I'm glad to have seen it. Thanks Ard. Nice ties.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 PM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

-Hi, very nice fly...
Old 12-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Sent a PM to you

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 12-05-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: My mistake Moved text to PM
Old 06-05-2010, 08:44 AM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about

These are some very Beautiful Flys and I like the really like your background...If its not a secret what is your backgrounds they are Beautiful also.....

FlySlinger
Old 08-03-2011, 12:25 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

I've been thinking lately to get into tying traditional salmon flies.

These are exquisite....i love the colors and true earth feel of how these flies look.
I'll definitely be trying out some of those patterns in near future.

Addicted To Vise
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 PM

gt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant futuregt05254 has a brilliant future

Awesome, Ard, just awesome.
Gary
Old 08-03-2011, 02:20 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Beautiful flies, Ard! If you want to send some my way, I wouldn't complain

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Thanks guys,

I forgot about posting results but the one I called Ironwood has caught a good number of char and two chum salmon just this year. The Cottonwood has caught a few trout and Driftwood has a mixed bag of trout and char

The flies were a sort of end of season project a couple years back and I appreciate your finding them and leaving such nice comments. I've tied so many flies and fish with such a range of patterns that I often fail to mention success with each one. 'The Flies For Alaska Salmon & Steelhead' thread in the AK. regional forums is packed with all sort of creations some of which have been real good lures to use.

Thanks again for taking time to comment,

Ard

I may as well post the link; Flies for AK. Salmon & Steelhead Fishing

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;