The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New fly, need better camera.

I have been thinking about going to the North Shore of Lake Superior and fishing some of the rivers there like the Knife and Sucker for Steelhead. I just messing around with some ideas and came up with the Dee fly version of the Green Butt Skunk. My camera does not do closeups very well. Have any of you ever come up with a variation of an old pattern?
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New fly, need better camera.

Many; that looks like a fine tie Dan!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 11-02-2009, 05:00 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Dan,

If you need a better close-up camera, then try looking on ebay for a used Nikon Coolpix. Look for the 990, 995 or 4500 models; they have very good macro features. Tob1 put me onto them back in June, when I realized that my camera just couldn't handle close up shots of tiny flies.

This looks like a pretty good one to me, with plenty of time left to bid if you're interested in it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Coolpix-45...item518deae318

For web publishing (which is what we do each time we put a picture into this forum), you only need 0.8 megapixels! What's really important is the quality of the macro feature on the camera.

Good luck and nice tie on that fly!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:04 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

If you're going to take that camera fishing or use it anywhere near water Pentax waterproof cameras have a super macro that focuses down to 1 cm.