The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 02:15 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Tying for Bass

In the fall, the trout streams are full of leaves for a few weeks and the bass are always close so my son and I hit'm hard. Figured I'd share some of my bass pattern's...problem is that though the patterns stay similar, the changes in colors and all...well I feel wide open. Best thing is they all catch bass if fished at the right time, depth, weather. Compared to bait chucking, fly fishing for bass is so productive in comparison that it almost seems like I'm cheating.

These are all #6's for bigger bass. tied the same on 10's if the targets are under two lbs on average.

Five patterns and I change up weight and color

A couple dear hair poppers....
Click the image to open in full size.

Streamers...

But my favorite pattern is a cross between streamer and popper....the heads are smallish and dear hair works as well as balsa or foam...more spitters than poppers but...dang are they fun.

..anyway..just some fun to fill the time waiting for the leaf fall to slow, then its back to trout

JJ
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tying for Bass

Tail: Pink and perl crystal flash with maraboo
Body: maraboo in dubbing loop
Body/head: spun black deer hair

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Deer hair streamer/popper

Tail: Black Flashaboo, Black Maraboo
Body: Black Chenelle, black hackle
Body/Head: Spun black deer hair

Old 11-24-2009, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Tying for Bass

FlashDancer Variant
Tail: Red Maraboo
Body: Perlesant Chenelle
Wing: Gold Crystal flash, Deer Hair
Head: Spun deer hair

Streamer
Tail: Green perl crystal flash, Olive maraboo, Green maraboo
Body: Light tan maraboo in a dubbing loop, brown chennelle, rusty badger hackle
collar: Red polyester yarn
head: light tan mini chenelle