The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Super Hero Flies

There was mention of these flies from the winter issue of FLY TYER.

Good news is, I had 99% of the material on hand, bad news, mine didn't come out as PURDY as the originals.

Plus, on the group shots, camera focused on the front flies.

Here they are

Click the image to open in full size.

SUPERMAN...I didn't have the BLUE TUBING for the arms and legs, but I did have BLUE rubber legs:

GREEN ARROW:

BATMAN:

ROBIN:

Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Super Hero Flies

A handsome set of Super Heros indeed. Well done. You almost know they'll catch fish. No way to throw Superman, Batman, and Robin at them and get skunked, lol.

Sorry Joni.I jumped on to edit out my Green Hornet part before I thought anyone would see it. You must have seen it, lol. Green Hornet and Green Arrow are different guys. I don't think Green Hornet fishes, lol. This obviously is a new edit after I saw your question below.

Last edited by Jimmie; 12-20-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: To dig a deeper hole, lol, explain last edit/remove.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, then I have to ask you. Is there a difference in the Green Hornet and the Green Arrow?

I know on Smallville he is the Green Arrow...LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Joni,

The Green Hornet was on the radio with his trusty side kick Kato. They drove around in a super car called the Black Beauty. The Green Hornet's favorite weapon was his gas gun that he used to put the bad guys to sleep. He and the Shadow were my favorite on the radio.

I don't know much about the Green Arrow but I think he was a comic book hero that used a bow and arrow.

Frank
Old 12-18-2009, 05:50 PM

We have XM radio in the Truck. I love listening to old radio movies when on the road.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough

way to go joni, they look great
Old 12-18-2009, 06:12 PM

Thanks, so now I am thinking Boobie flies for Wonder Woman and Cat Woman...LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 06:21 PM

brandy will become famous soon enough

that would be great...can't wait to see them.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:27 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

Joni, those flies may not be "PURDY," but they sure are beautiful! Nicely done!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Yeah, we listened to "Green Hornet" on the radio (before TV). I think there were Green Hornet comic books too. I didn't know XM radio was bringing some of the old stuff back. May have to sign-up. Maybe catch a little Jack Benny or Inner Sanctum.
Definitely remember Green Arrow comic books.
http://www.radiohof.org/adventuredra...ersanctum.html

Last edited by Jimmie; 12-18-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added link