The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 06:20 AM

morayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the rough
Default some Uk patterns of mine

Click the image to open in full size.

a nice litle CDC pattern

and a hares ear CDC

Tufty pattern

A caenis pattern

a little bit of Klink

all good patterns which work well in Uk and would be in my box anywhere.

www.morayflyfishing.co.uk
Old 12-27-2009, 07:48 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: some Uk patterns of mine

Those are great looking flies! The first two look like glass beads? The caenis is particularily interesting. Would you mind giving a list of materials and a bit of tying info? It looks like a split wing pattern? Thanks very much for sharing I look forward to more!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:35 AM

morayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the roughmorayflyfisher is a jewel in the rough

the caenis pattern tying is :-

HOOK SIZE 16 kamasan b 175
tail is 3 fibres of white hen
body is white floss thread
thorax is peacock herl
and hackle is white cock hackle.

tie in tail and build body up half way and tie in peacock herl doubled.tie off white thread replace with 8/0 black thread and tie in white cock and then bring herl over splitting the hackle and whip finish.
It took me 3 weeks of watching the natural to get the pattern right and is a perfect reproduction of the natural.
glad you like them
the beads by the way are rainbow bead.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:39 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Thanks Kevin, when I get caught up at the bench I will work on copying them, they look great for up here......Kerry
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:34 AM

No problems Kerry,copy away and I hope it does well for you.will post more later for you.
my mates are just back from canada and one of them had a 60lb Sturgeon.I was meant to go but had things on here but hope to get over there sometime.do fancy fishing some of your rivers and trying the patterns we use here on your fish,just to see how they work.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:29 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice flies, Kevin. I particularly like the Hare's Ear CDC.