The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2010, 11:11 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough
Default first flies

hi there heres 2 of the first flies i have tied but cant upload them here as i have no idea how to resize them so i appoligise in advance but any advise and tips you can give would be great

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/vwilky/?action=view&current=015.jpg this is a brassie

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/vwilky/?action=view&current=012.jpg hares ear nypth but made with seal fur instead as i didnt have a hares mask
Sorry the pictures arent good my camera isnt very good

vince
Old 01-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first flies

Vince: Nice work, I really like the looks of the hares ear nypmh but made with seal fur........the seal fur gives the nymph a really nice buggy look! I'll bet that nymph is a real fish catcher.

Larry
Old 01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Larry the black nymph should catch fish...my friend Batistou ties his chub special with seal fur...they're very lively in the water.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:14 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

nicely done, definately fishable.

Dave
Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

I like the seal nymph...Nice buggy looking fly...

Dan
Old 01-03-2010, 11:23 AM

wilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the roughwilky is a jewel in the rough

thank guys heres 2 differant flys i tied today
this is the first hackled fly i have tied
http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/vwilky/?action=view&current=029.jpgthis is a midge with a few of modifications as i didnt like how it looked in the picture
http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy159/vwilky/?action=view&current=026.jpg
vince
Old 01-03-2010, 01:30 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

Hey Wilkie, those are great! Are you being taught or are you learning on your own? Nice job either way and the fish should like them as well!
To upload pictures to this site from photobucket, I usually open two windows, one for here and the other for your photos.
When you are creating your post, there is a little tool bar just above the area you are typing in. There is a little icon yellow and blue I think, that will bring up a window that will have http:// highlighted in it.
From your photobucket pics, not the larger single photo but from your album, highlight and copy the url that is labeled "direct link" so you highlight and right click then click on "copy."
When you bring up the window to add picture, do not do anything to it, just right click and paste. This should give you an appropriate sized photo. I hope I am not insulting your intelligence here, it is the best way I know how to do this from photobucket.....Kerry
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 PM

thanks i am learning on my own from books and here and what i read online but i found have trial and error is working best for most things i read the instructuions before i start tying then just refer to the pictures for guidence and if stuck i read the instructions again but i found some instructions dont work well for me so i find different ways to round the problem ,, thanks i thought there would be a easyier way to get pictures up as have no idea how to resize pictures to upload into my gallery as all mine are far to big thanks again and dont worry about telling me if something is wrong or could be better
many thanks

vince
Old 01-03-2010, 02:10 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I understand the trial and error method. I am self taught and started learning in 1969 when my learning resources were pretty limited and I wasn't that astute when it came to fine motor skills.
I harp on one resource alot and that is because it is free and valuable and that is YouTube. Use it as a learning tool, there are many good techniques displayed on the site. I have been using it quite a bit this winter. I recommend Davie McPhail videos but there are many others. Good luck! Keep posting your pictures......Kerry
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Your flies are looking good. The eyes aren't crowded. That took me awhile to learn and correct.
You asked for tips on posting pictures. I'm not that good, but here is one that might help. On Photobucket there is a default setting for the pixel size of all of your downloads. One is approx. 640X480. That's a good size for online postings. Then I just copy the "img" line under the pic I want and paste it in box that drops down when you hit the post card looking icon with the mountain on it at the top bar.