The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Alaskan Lady wet fly

I need to state that Pocono ask that this fly be posted, this is in no way meant to be a competing tie or pattern to the very similar fly he has posted.

Easy to see where this pattern has its roots although it is different enough to have its own name. The creeks in the interior are either turbid with silt or tannin so white is an effective choice of fly. This past summer I lost the last of my Alaska Mary Ann flies so I made these. I guess someday I'll post pictures of all the flies I tie in their boxes. there are about a hundred I have never posted here.

Alaskan Lady;

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;

Last edited by Hardyreels; 01-02-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:10 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of
Default Re: Alaskan Lady wet fly

Thats a real nice looking fly Ard white works well over here when the rivers are up and grey with alpine silt

Chris
Old 01-02-2010, 08:47 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

nice one Ard

Water around here has been a dark murky tea color lately, spent 3 hours on the river today, tried several different spots that looked promising, but no glory. Maybe I need to go to a lighter colored fly, didn't hit em on the usuals, bucktail, prince, Copper john or scud. Might want to brighten it up next time, maybe with the cloudiness in the water they just are not being seen. thanks for the idea.

d

d
Old 01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ard: That is a gorgeous fly!

Larry
Old 01-02-2010, 11:43 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Another beauty Ard. Sure fun to see.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Ard,I already knew ...the Alaskan lady was beautiful
Old 01-03-2010, 06:01 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful tie!

What did you use for the body; is that a cream-colored floss?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:13 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Very nice Ard...

Dan
Old 01-03-2010, 04:22 PM

wild trout is on a distinguished road

That's a very nice fly. Please post the other pix. I'd really like to see them. Wets are very beautiful flies. I'm just getting into tying them.

WT
Old 01-03-2010, 07:31 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

beautiful fly!