The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 10:46 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Show us your first 2010 fly and tell us why

Wow, nice flies and good creativity accross the board. Keep em coming guys, I see I am not the only one who likes to experiment, and substitute materials, wish I had every material I would ever need, but, I don't....

d
Old 01-04-2010, 08:43 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

tie up a few walleye crawlers.
Click the image to open in full size.
river here has some really nice wally's up to 34 in. fishing in feb. if its not to bad with weather.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Davie Mcphail pattern variation
#16 CDC bubble Grannom

tail - green foam ball
body - muskrat
wing - CDC bubble, coastal deer hair
thread - 8/0 brown

Up through the week after christmas I was tying midge larve, pupa, dries and went looking on youtube for tips. One was a bubble CDC midge by Mcphail and in cleaning up my desk to prepare, I had some dear hair sitting there. I tied four of these size 14 - 20.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:36 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

Muskie Flys

N.J.B.B.A. #2215

Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandfly View Post
tie up a few walleye crawlers.
river here has some really nice wally's up to 34 in. fishing in feb. if its not to bad with weather.
As you may or may not have heard, I'm a big fan of Walleye fishing with a fly rod. Where is this Feb spot you are talking about? And do you have a recipe for those flies?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
As you may or may not have heard, I'm a big fan of Walleye fishing with a fly rod. Where is this Feb spot you are talking about? And do you have a recipe for those flies?
In north central pa on the tioga river. Flies are just hook of choice, bead chain eyes, chenille and wolly bugger hackle furled and tied in as tail then as body. (I carry the hackle here in my store)
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

I tied #16 Adams on Saturday. Reason? I haven't tied traditonal Adams in
a few years, and just wanted to. Parachute Adams are all I've used for so
long, but I'll have to give these a go for 2010.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Frank: Very nice work, like you I can't remember the last time I used a traditional Adams, seems like I always go for the para adams now days.

Larry
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Larry ! I had to get re-acquainted with tying in upright wings. I
was quickly reminded that tail length does matter with upright patterns, so
the very first two flies of 2010 do not appear in that picture.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:35 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Adams tie Frank.

I think that pattern will always be my favorite dry fly; para or classic Castskill tie; #'s 14-18 will get the job done almost every day in the Spring up here in the Pocono Mountains.

Only 3 months and 1 week left to opening day!