The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Beadhead Caddis Larva

I wanted to tie up some caddis larva patterns today and remembered a pattern that Jimmie did in one of the fly swaps, it looked really good so I used his pattern:
Hook: TMS 2457 #14
Head: 1/8" Gold Bead
Thread: Green 6/0
Rib: Pearl Flash
Abdomen: Creamy Mint Green Dubbing
Thorax: Peacock Herl
Legs: Brown Partridge
(Jimmie: I misplaced the dubbing mixture receipe you sent so I used some cream colored Antron and then some green strands of the Z-lon rope you sent me, then mixed together in an old electric coffee grinder)

Click the image to open in full size.

Larry
Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Beadhead Caddis Larva

Great looking fly Larry. That dubbing looks awesome. Please let me know how that fly works in WY. The guy that taught me that fly swears by it for the western Sierras.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 AM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

Larry, is very beautiful flies.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful nymph LarryI must admit you're improving
Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nice job Larry, I like the way you have dubbed the body it will look awesome in the water

Chris
Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice nymph, Larry!

The bead in the pic looks like it's copper; but you give it as gold. I like the copperish look; I wonder what it would look like with a copper bead working with that herl thorax. Dubbing looks right on and the pearl flash makes a nice rib that fits with the abdomen. Good choice of natural colors.

I'm sure it would work well out here in the East.

Pocono
Old 01-19-2010, 08:15 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Really nice caddis Larva Larry!
Old 01-19-2010, 08:53 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

Sweet looking larva Larry. I think that will be a winner out here. It's almost caddis time. Just a couple more months till full blown rainbow spawn.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I echo the compliments. Nice job and I love the pattern.....so many patterns, so little time!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:35 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Now that's a buggy looking fly! I'll have to tie a couple of those.