Head | Rust Crystal Dub
Thread | Rust 6/0
Body | Tan Antron Fibers
Wing | Golden Antron
Legs | Tan Partridge

[/TABLE]

Jimmie

Reaction score
Wow, another neat caddis pupa, Larry. That could pass for a GLF emerging pupa. Looks like an H2O/gas bubble. The colors are great.
Kudos on the use of the "table" feature. Looks good.

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

JP: Yes, I bought a package of the spbl hooks awhile back, but I don't think I have used them yet.

Larry

Pocono

Reaction score
Nice caddis pupa! The colors work very well together and the diffuseness of the dubbing should give it a lot of action in the water.

Pic is really nice, too. Are you still using the Nikon Coolpix 990? If so, I'd say that you've got it down pat.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Allan: I'm getting a little better with the Coolpix 990, just takes a little practice.

Frank: I have no idea, it is a Richard Strolis design and he named it classified! I think because he designed the fly and was using it in his guiding business for a couple years before he told anyone about it.
Here is his video on how to tie it: Fly Fishing Channel on Vimeo

Dan: Colin has added the capability to do tables on the forum. You might have missed it, but just do a search on "tables" and you will see his examples. Basically, all you do is copy his text exactly with all the correct style brackets and then subsitute in your own words, where he has text. It looks harder than it really is. To get the image I had a line that started like this: The Classified Caddis Pupa |
Then on the right of the pipe sign "|" just place the cursor to the right of the | symbol, do one space and then click on the yellow image insertion tool and then paste in the link to the image like always. Of course you need to have your image uploaded into the Gallery first......then highlight the text in the "Direct Link" box and do a CNTL-C to copy to the clipboard, then come back to the image insertion tool and do a CNTL-V to paste the link. Then the last thing is do a Preview Post to be sure everything is working before you do a Submit Reply.

Larry

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Dan, the used Nikon Coolpix 990 I bought awhile back on EBay for $70 really does a nice job in the macro mode for taking closeup pictures of flies. Trygve was the one that recommended the Coolpix for macro work, and he was correct!

Larry