The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Jimmie's Salmon Fly

I hear that, opps, I'll get in trouble for leaving people out................ they are all great!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I hear that, opps, I'll get in trouble for leaving people out................ they are all great!
Yes, I agree there are so many great tiers here, there is no way you can name them all!

Larry
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Larry that is a very nicely tied fly and great pattern thanks for posting it

Ard Ive always liked salmon flies and enjoy seeing them Ive wanted to start tying the salmon flies for some time, my long term goal is to tie the 'Black Doctor' but I ve still got to learn to marry wings and aquire some materials for it

Chris
Old 02-08-2010, 04:52 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

I'm getting in a little late on this thread. I really like that pattern. There are a lot of variations of the Black Bear; green butt, red butt, etc. From what I've heard, all of them are effective; particularly as low water flies.

Nice job of tying that patterns, Larry.

Pocono
Old 02-08-2010, 10:31 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice work, Larry (and Jimmie). My wife is always talking about salmon fishing,
but I'd have to drive 140 miles.... Maybe I'm just lazy.

I tied a #14 something or another with my Peak midge jaws last week, and
was expecting the Peak Police to knock on my door. After seeing the 2/0 hook
being used, I'm likely to become really lazy! Most of my flies are #10 and
smaller.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:02 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
Nice work, Larry (and Jimmie). My wife is always talking about salmon fishing,
but I'd have to drive 140 miles.... Maybe I'm just lazy.

I tied a #14 something or another with my Peak midge jaws last week, and
was expecting the Peak Police to knock on my door. After seeing the 2/0 hook
being used, I'm likely to become really lazy! Most of my flies are #10 and
smaller.
Frank: All the really good water is at least an hour drive or more from my house so I'm kind of used to driving and exploring new water. For example, the Green River is a four hour drive on the interstate, but the rewards are worth it. Yes, I'm guilty as charged, I was just too lazy to change out the midge jaws when I did that 2/0 hook, but I did set it way back in toward the back. LOL! I'm like you, most of my ties are on size 14 or smaller.

Larry
Old 02-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hey Larry,

Make sure you show us a picture of the jaws after you fracture the tips.

Frank
Old 02-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hey Larry,

Make sure you show us a picture of the jaws after you fracture the tips.

Frank
Frank: You must have a typo in the post above. I think you meant to say "Make sure you show us a picture of the jaws after you fracture the LIPS on those fish" LOL! No way will I break those Peak Vice Jaws.........Americian Made All the Way!!!!!

Larry