The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 01:08 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default A Couple of Caddis

I thought it was time to show a couple of my flies...

Ice Dub Caddis

Click the image to open in full size.

Vigra Caddis

Caddis

Pearl Core Braid Caddis

Forgive the picture quality, I'm still trying to get a handle on the Macro function on my camera.

Dan
Old 02-16-2010, 02:43 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of
Default Re: A Couple of Caddis

Those are GREAT Dan....especially the first and last one. I love the effect on that last one with the detached tail...but the Ice dubbing on the first looks so dang good. Can you point me at your source for that exact dubbing please (colors?)
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nicely done Dan I especialy like the Pearl Core Braid Caddis the body looks great

Chris
Old 02-16-2010, 03:16 PM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

-Very nice flies Dan, if you had to choose this last, it would be good when he wrote of which were made on that hook. Thank you.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:33 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Future,
Ice Dub "Caddis Green" for the abdomen. I leave a thread tag and counter wrap it. The thorax is Ice Dub "Peacock", the thread is an olive tone.

The thorax on the last one is dark olive Austalian possum...

Hooks on all were Dai Riki 135 sz 12.

Dan

Last edited by HuronRiverDan; 02-17-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added Hook Style
Old 02-16-2010, 04:04 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Good looking flies Dan. Those have got to get the job done. Someday I'll figure out how you guys do those bodies. That's neat.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Very nice work! I'll bet those flies are deadly on the stream, I'll take a dozen! LOL!

Larry
Old 02-16-2010, 06:39 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Thanks for those details Dan!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Dan, I like those extended body caddis patterns of yours; particularly the last one; the pearl core braid caddis. I'll bet that one would pass very nicely for a drowned emerger if fished with a lot of flotant on the dubbed thorax.

Nice ties! All of them.

Don't worry about the Macro function on your camera; you'll get it down. A lot of us have lost a lot of hair trying to figure out exactly how to make it work as we want it to, all the time.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Actually I think the photos are quite good Dan,

Remember that this is a fly fishing forum not a photography forum. I like the caddis patterns just fine too.

We do experience caddis, stone, and some mayflies here you know. It has been two years since I ran into a hatch heavy enough to bring up the fish in great numbers but when it happens it is very exciting. It's good to be carrying a few of each type fly in a small box.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;