The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Emergers, Inspired by Pocono

In a post I made on Caddis, Pocono mentioned that if I really greased up the thorax it would make a great little emerger. I thought about it a little and came up with these variations today. Hope you approve Alan...

[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Dan

Last edited by HuronRiverDan; 03-03-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Emergers, Inspired by Pocono

Those are really neat flies. I love those bodies.
I take it "grease-up" means floatant so they rise??? Just curious.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:52 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Great little emergers Dan, I take it you interpreted "grease" with the CDC? Is that CDC?

Last edited by futuramille; 03-03-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-03-2010, 05:19 PM

simmons_j_m is on a distinguished road

They look great Dan... nice work.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:23 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Greased was a mistake, floatant is what he mentioned...No CDC on these, couldn't find it, so I used zelon on a three of them. Two were the fluff on lemon dyed mallard flank, and one was fur from Australian Opossum...

All tyed on size 14 scud hooks...

Dan
Old 03-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Very nice work! They should work great on the stream.

Larry
Old 03-03-2010, 09:04 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Dan, those are nice flies!

I definitely think that they'll work as emergers if put plenty of floatant on the thorax.

But, you know, I'm also seeing something else in the 3 on the right and the top one on the left. I'm seeing diving caddis adults.

This is just a thought, but I'll bet that those flies would be effective on the way down the water column if you put just a little weight under the thorax (5-6 turns of 0.010 or 0.015 lead (or environmental friendly lead substitute) and used body and wing materials that will wet.

The way that you have them laid out on the pad; head down, made me think about using them that way.

By the way, I'm about as far from being an approver as you can get. I think your flies look great; I'd be happy to fish them anytime.

Pocono
Old 03-03-2010, 09:05 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about

Nice looking Emerger Dan....I'll bet they kill

FlySlinger
Old 03-03-2010, 11:37 PM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

Dan, flies are excellent.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great emergers Dan...hope to see pics of big fish caught with them soon