The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 02:30 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default Umpqua Waterdog

Ive been wanting to tie one of these for awhile, and I finally did.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Umpqua Waterdog

Awsome! Is your tying station as big a mess as mine?

P.S. Stacking is really fun isn't it?
Old 03-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hey rmooney, that is a really nice tie.

Frank
Old 03-09-2010, 03:31 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

oh yeah, its a mess for sure. i try to clean it up after every couple of flies, but the hair gets everywhere! its the only tying ive been wanting to do. i like it much better than spinning hair. im not very good at spinning hair, so the flies never come out as good. everything else seems so boring to tie now compared to this...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM

cicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to beholdcicvara is a splendid one to behold

-Very nicely done, for this to be a lot of effort and knowledge.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:16 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

DAMN NICE TY, I can see a big 'ol bass eating that one
Bear
Old 03-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

rmooney: Wow! That is some excellent deer hair stacking work, Congrats!

Larry
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

The tie is every bit as good as the name. Both great. What are we looking at on the tips of the tail (the green)?
Old 03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmooney View Post
oh yeah, its a mess for sure. i try to clean it up after every couple of flies, but the hair gets everywhere! ...
I took my vice off my tying station and put it on a sink cutout. I've been tying on that because it's easier to clean up. You should have seen the mess in my tying station before I wised up! Stacking is really fun and the flies are so big and cool looking, it's hard to stop tying them. I think everyone should give it a try. Way to fun.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 PM

Thaks for the feedback everyone! I might tie up some more with a weedguard when I have some freetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
The tie is every bit as good as the name. Both great. What are we looking at on the tips of the tail (the green)?
The tail is just a black rabbit strip with a small piece of barred chartreuse rabbit strip glued to end of it. the tail on this one might be a bit long, Ill probably shorten it up a bit on the next one.