The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice
Default spring break flies

over spring break i tied up some more deer hair flies!

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spring break flies

Nice spun hair flies, Rob.

Are you coloring the hair with markers or are you splicing in the different color hair when you spin it in? I like the top view on your 6th pic.

I also like your vise; the Renzetti Traveler. It's the one that I use for tying up everything except small dries.

Pocono
Old 03-27-2010, 09:30 PM

rmooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nicermooney is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Nice spun hair flies, Rob.

Are you coloring the hair with markers or are you splicing in the different color hair when you spin it in? I like the top view on your 6th pic.

I also like your vise; the Renzetti Traveler. It's the one that I use for tying up everything except small dries.

Pocono
thanks! i use different color hair. on some of the flies the hair did not spin very evenly, so the spots and lines are not very symetrical. but i dont think the fish will mind yeah, i just got that vise and it is awesome. i got the pedestal version and it works relly well.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:34 AM

ChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud ofChrisinselwynNZ has much to be proud of

Nicely done Rob there better than anything I could manage I have trouble with one colour geting it to look right

Chris
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 AM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

They are awesome! It would almost be a shame to let a fish munch them!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:10 AM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

I agree. Those are awesome. Fun to see. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Great work Rob!

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Great work Rob! And great colors--- were you listening to the Grateful Dead when you tied them by any chance?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great job Rob...feel like stroking these little beasts
Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 PM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Rob, when are you going to tye some big ones? Just kidding, they look great!

Dan
Old 03-28-2010, 06:11 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Really nice work. I have to get off my butt, and replenish my spun hair bugs.