The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 11:54 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default Royal was only half of what they ment

In My Book this is what they ment by Royal, Maybe not my Fly But the Fly in General

Click the image to open in full size.

I am a Dry Flyman if you guys would rather see something Else I will shove something Else towards you
Old 03-31-2010, 03:19 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of
Default Re: Royal was only half of what they ment

I like dries just fine. Very nice fly there. Looks like it would float forever, very nice!
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
I like dries just fine. Very nice fly there. Looks like it would float forever, very nice!
Thank you Kerry I appreciate that ....
wouldn't it be nice if a Dry would Float for ever

FlySlinger
Old 04-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I'm not sure what size that is, but you tie a very heavy or rather dense hackle compared to what I usually see. Are you using these in very fast water? It has a Wulff feel to it. Thanks for sharing this pattern. Do you primarily tie traditional patterns?
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:34 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

FlySlinger,

How many hackles are you tying in? It looks like at least two; back-to-back, for the forward and backward barb angles. Also, three wraps in front and three behind the wing or more than that?

I also like your dries; pretty flies.

Pocono
Old 04-01-2010, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
I'm not sure what size that is, but you tie a very heavy or rather dense hackle compared to what I usually see. Are you using these in very fast water? It has a Wulff feel to it. Thanks for sharing this pattern. Do you primarily tie traditional patterns?
Actually This was a Fly that I Entered in a FlyTying Contest.....I decided to do a size #6 Pattern I had some thoughts about that may have been my Demise...LOL But on that particular Fly I Used 4 Hackle Tips and a size Two XL Hook...Yes I Like a More Traditional Fly On my Wulf Patterns....It is a Fast Water Fly...So I like them to Float...I Have 3 Boxes of Mary Dette Flys and I have Used them all these Years to make my Own little patterns and Copy's of It was my Own Idea To Use the 2XL hook...I can't see why not....There is no Wulff patterns Floating Around ...I don't have to match this hatch exactly...so I Use my own Ideas they definitely Catch Fish....Although I didn't Win the Contest.. I think I got my Point across...

For those that are Interested...This Contest required a Tye breaker and I Used an Authintic Messinger Frog on a Scale from 1-10....I give this Fly a 20 in difficulty...I thought that these Flies would do me some good...But they Didn't Cut the Mustard......I will show the Frog at some later Date

FlySlinger

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
FlySlinger,

How many hackles are you tying in? It looks like at least two; back-to-back, for the forward and backward barb angles. Also, three wraps in front and three behind the wing or more than that?

I also like your dries; pretty flies.

Pocono
Hi Pocono I was out of Town Today or I would have answerd you sooner...

I Used 4...Size#6 Dry Fly Hackles...They were all Anchored in One Instance...they were all Anchored Concave pointing Back Ward....This I think is actually the Orthadox manner....#6 Quality Hackle Is Hard to come By ....You May have to Burn Up More than 1 or2 necks trying to Achieve this

It Is also Pretty Tough to hackle.....It Takes Some Practice but you Could Do it if You Put You mind to it.....Will when I did this I made up my mind that there would be know threads Showing....and you were only allowed to Use one Size and one color of thread.....If you Use 2 or more colors oif thread it makes it much Easer to achive the completion of this fly...Thats about the Finish of this Fly....

Nice Talking to you Guys

FlySlinger
Old 04-02-2010, 08:10 AM

I hear you on large, good quality dry fly hackle being hard to find. Everyone is so concerned with small hackle and I guess there is good reason.
I look forward to your frog pattern. Good stuff, you have more patience than me and my 10 thumbs.....Kerry