The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Melted glue Wolly

One Wolly with melted glue on top.

Click the image to open in full size.

trygve
Old 04-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Melted glue Wolly

Trygve,

That is a nice looking fly! How bout we call it 'Black Prawn'? Even has a shell on the back,

Nice
Old 04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I'd rather call it "black alien" Trygve....don't know why this fly makes me think of the monster
Old 04-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbfly View Post
I'd rather call it "black alien" Trygve....don't know why this fly makes me think of the monster

It makes you think of a monster ( ) JP because it could catch a monster fish when cast to the right spot.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Trygve: Another great looking fly! The hot melt really changes the appearance of it.

Larry
Old 04-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Very cool! I'm guessing you smushed it down with moistened fingers once it cooled a bit?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:57 PM

tob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to beholdtob1 is a splendid one to behold

This is a HOT tip from me. (Be careful, it need some practice to do it right - start with a small amount melted glue )
If I use the salvia from my mouth on my finger(s), then I will never burn my finger. I form it at once after I put the melted glue on the fly. I melt the end of the glue-stick with a lighter.
Trygve
Old 04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

I recently saw an episode of Mythbusters where they stuck there hand into a pot of molting lead and didn't get burned. The would stick their hand into a bucked of water and then into the lead. They didn't dally but they did do it. The water formed a barrier between the molting lead and their hand. I bet the same principle is working here with Trygve and his molting glue procedure.

Frank
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently saw an episode of Mythbusters where they stuck there hand into a pot of molting lead and didn't get burned. The would stick their hand into a bucked of water and then into the lead. They didn't dally but they did do it. The water formed a barrier between the molting lead and their hand. I bet the same principle is working here with Trygve and his molting glue procedure.

Frank
They must pay those guys really well. I'm pretty sure no one could have talked me into that!!!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's really an excellent looking fly! I was thinking about a wooly bugger last night, but without traditional hackle, and then I see this....