The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 07:59 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Blondes

Joe Brooks Blondes

Click the image to open in full size.

I used a Daiich 2441 in size 2/0 for these.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Blondes

Kelly: Wow! Those are some fantastic looking flies, very nice work indeed! Congrats!

Larry

Old 05-06-2011, 07:26 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I fish blondes a lot, but they don't look that good
Old 05-06-2011, 08:32 AM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

Very nice ties there for sure. Well done and thank for sharing
Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 AM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

I am glad y'all like them, thanks for looking at them.
Old 05-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

All would make great salmon flies Kelly!

Nice

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Kelly,

I know you struggled with some of the flies in the Salmon Tie Along but I think that practice has made you a much better tier. It seems to me your tying has really improved this year. Am I just full of it or do you agree?

Frank
Old 05-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Guys, thank you. I think these would make great Salmon flies. After I read that note, I thought, I think the Salmon tie along helped me overall in my tying, and bam...then I read Frank's post. It gave me more attention to detail, and an eye for what looks right. I am side tracked at the moment on bucktail streamers, but I am going back to tie some more Salmon and Spey flies. :-)
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 AM

I think this is my best fly of the longer version of bucktail. This is the look I imagined would look the best, and hopefully fish the best. This is a 2/0 Daiichi 2441 hook.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 AM

ausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to beholdausablebrown is a splendid one to behold

Kelkay: Good looking flies; You (or anyone else) want to tell me what you use on the heads? I've never graduated from my clear jars of fly head cement. I wouldn't mind having the clean finish like these flies do. Anyone got a product to recommend?