The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default My style of eggs

so i love being able to just pic something up in my house and tie a fly with it. i saw this vid and now i cant wait to try it.

it looks fairly easy. but im just curious on two matters. one how will the hook clean up if i mess up and try to redo it? and 2 ive seen red and pink glues with sparkles built into them.. think i could make some neat eggs with that?
Old 05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My style of eggs

If you need to, you can just heat up the gun touch the tip to the glue on the hook. It'll remelt the glue on the hook and you can reshape it.

When you're building those eggs a little glue goes a long way, so just take your time and have small bowl of cool water on hand to set the egg.

Those pink and red glues with sparkles should work fine, as well as "apricot" colored glues.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM

bloodhound is on a distinguished road

That's very nice, very creative egg pattern.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Thanks for video! Slick way to make an egg pattern. Hope see some pics of the various colors.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-02-2010, 09:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

That is an interesting approach to making egg patterns. I hope you try some different colors and post a fishing report!

Larry
Old 05-02-2010, 10:56 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
That is an interesting approach to making egg patterns. I hope you try some different colors and post a fishing report!

Larry
please do i dont get to fish much so im very curious on just how these will perform
Old 05-08-2010, 09:36 PM

so i glued my first egg. lol i didnt tie it i glued it. its decent im sure it would catch fish but its not the best. its glued with a gold glue with sparkles in the glue but heres a quick pic i took (its a bad pic but oh well)

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:45 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Flyfisher, wrap a little white marabou in front of the egg and I think you'll really like the effect...

Dan
Old 05-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Everyone,

Isn't that a slick way to make eggs. Feather-Craft has cheap glue guns and a big selection of glue sticks. You might be able to find something at Walmart but Feather-Craft has all the right colors for the different eggs you might want to try. I would buy two guns so you can mix colors. The glue sticks come four sticks to a pack.

I found some Glue Guns at Lowes around five bucks. Some others less then twenty bucks.

Frank

Feather-Craft Glue Gun $5.95

Feather-Craft Glue Sticks

MINI 5/16" HOT GLUE STICKS in COLORS: (1)Champagne, (2)Chartreuse, (3)Clear, (4)Dark-Roe, (5)Orange-Roe, (6)Oregon-Cheese, (7)Pink-Lady, (8)Salmon-Egg, (9)Neon-Yellow, (10)Red (4-PAK) $2.25
Old 07-16-2010, 02:04 PM

ssjchar is on a distinguished road

What fish eat eggs? Around here we don't have too many bodies of water with trout, but plenty with pike, walleye, perch, whitefish, and so on. Would the other species hit eggs too? i totally want to try to make some.