The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 PM

FlySlinger has a spectacular aura aboutFlySlinger has a spectacular aura about
Default Striped Messinger frogs

Hi Guys I have been Gone for a while, I have been remodeling my home....I did manage to go and visit My Friend joe messinger....He did give me a pointer on how to Build this Striped messinger frog.....If you think a regular Messinger frog is tough Try this one.....

FlySlinger

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:53 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Striped Messinger frogs

hey fly,
looks like a great fly!
now the million dollar question-
"how did it fish?"

casey

ARFE
Old 08-23-2011, 07:14 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Welcome back. Nice frog pattern
Old 08-23-2011, 11:03 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I had good luck working an older frog pattern around the reeds the one time I fly fished a pond with my dad's set-up. I got one big hit but was unable to set the hook, but I would definitely try frog patterns in the future. I'm with casey, is it extra fishy???

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 08-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

FlySlinger- that's a beauty-- great hair work. The Messinger Frog is a classic here's an article that originally appeared in American Angler about the pattern:
http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/docu...ktail-Frog.pdf
Old 08-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Hi Guys I do Tye and Fish the Messinger Buctail Frog.....I have had Extraordinary good luck Fishing the ordinary BuckTail Frog....They are very durable and have very good Fish Catching Characteristic.....The Stiped Frogy I have to Admitt I havent fished Yet, But I expect to have good luck with this one....I have only developed this one the other day and I Sent Joe Messinger Photo's they other day....He did like it ....They where my the First ones.....I will be trying out Very soon.....Believe me.....

FlySlinger
Old 08-24-2011, 05:53 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice looking striped variation, FlySlinger. I would be surprised if it was not a productive pattern for you.

Pocono
Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocono View Post
Nice looking striped variation, FlySlinger. I would be surprised if it was not a productive pattern for you.

Pocono

Thanks Pocono for the show of good Faith.....I will give it a good try