The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 02:28 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default wire buzzers

Hi Guys
been messing around with the utc wire again, the catch rate using utc wire for the bodies is incredible. on average 3 to 1
here are some i tried out this week
GOLD AND BLACK
Click the image to open in full size.
EMERALD AND BLACK
PINK AND BLACK
TEAL BLUE AND SILVER
Old 08-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wire buzzers

Laurie: Great looking buzzers, I've never seen them made with wire, great idea!

Larry

Old 08-26-2011, 03:06 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Laurie: Great looking buzzers, I've never seen them made with wire, great idea!

Larry
What size wire? Brassie?

Addicted To Vise
Old 08-26-2011, 03:07 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful

Is there a site where I might learn how to tie these buzzers?

Dave
Old 08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

If it is the wire I just bought it is super fine. It appears that there are two or three wraps of the wire per spiral. This wire is like there so I imagine having to put several wraps next to each other to make a stripe.

As for a site for buzzers, obviously not one with wire because this is something Crazy New and awesome idea, but check out.

Tying the Electric Blue Buzzer Midge by Davie McPhail - YouTube

they are made with a lot of different materials. Stripping quills make very cool bodies too, but this wire thing is so perfect...THANKS!!!!!! for sharing.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:09 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Great buzzers. That top one is my favorite, beautiful.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:16 PM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Hi Laurie,
Lovely set of wee buzzers Those will get down deep real fast.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:32 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

laurie,
great looking set of flies!
nice work.

casey

ARFE
Old 08-27-2011, 02:24 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

hi guys
the wire is .2mm, i have been using the wire bodies for 2 years now on steelhead patterns salmon flies and nymphs.
what i will do is do a short video and hopefully get it uploaded over the weekend
the beauty of these patterns is it is limited to your imagination, i think i did a topic on wire woven nymphs last year, the best pattern was the yellow stone nymph that we tried out last year on the Madison, over 30 fish in 1 hours session just inside the park entrance.
there is a video on my web site
the woven mayfly nymph here is the link
Fly Tying Videos - Irish Fishing Flies

enjoy
Old 08-29-2011, 08:07 PM

futuramille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud offuturamille has much to be proud of

What a great idea and such excellent execution. Love these and each has a time and place. Very cool!