The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2011, 03:11 PM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default new steel head patterns

Hi guys just finished three more steel head patterns using Deer creek hooks
enjoy
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: new steel head patterns

You have very nice style there and the color choices will work for both the trout & salmon. Nice work Laurie

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Nice flies, Laurie! I especially like the matching anodizing (or is it another form of color) on the hooks. Unrelated, do you have a pick for the All-Ireland match tomorrow?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-04-2011, 02:32 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

Hi AJ
I will be sitting watching the match today , i don,t pick sides i just love to see the game and sit down with a good pint of guinness that is my idea of heaven then back into the tying studio.

the hooks are anodised i got several colours
gold blue pink and silver all size 8
they are on deer creek site brilliant hooks
here is their web site, they do a fast setting resin which is the best i have ever used to date

http://www.deercreek.co.uk/Hooks.html
Old 09-04-2011, 06:42 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Nice patterns, Laurie.

Hooks to match the body color is something that really adds to the pattern; and, perhaps, it will also add to its ability to hook fish, since there is no clear distinction between the body and the hook; particularly on your last pattern.

Pocono
Old 09-04-2011, 03:40 PM

Smile Re: new steel head patterns

Thanks Ponoco
spent all day designing new Dabbler patterns for Lough Sheelin, got my good friend to field test some yesterday and he and his friend had over 14 fish to the boat in 4 hours.
Now to get a load tied up for the web site.
You guys that fish the lakes should try the Dabbler patterns they have worked all over the world, i will post the pictures of the latest patterns tomorrow night.
for now it is a cup of cocoa and straight to bed 7 hours of tying gets to you
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Laurie,

Hope you're adding a little something to the cocoa.................

I could never chalk off 7 hours at the bench!

Pocono
Old 09-04-2011, 09:59 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Laurie

That is beautiful work and I appreciate your sharing of the pics with us yanks. This is such a cool forum.

Dave
Old 09-05-2011, 02:54 AM

Hi Ponoce
i bit of Irish whiskey makes a great difference to the cocoa, or even better a drop of poteen LOL

Hi Dave yes this is one of my favourite forums the guys are great on it , being at home each day i really look forward to logging on and seeing some wonderful creations you guys over the water come up with some fantastic patterns.
I spend all day in the tying studio to get the day in and i never get tired of dyeing up materials and i am lucky enough to get students round each night for fly tying lessons.
We have started an angling academy where 12 students are studying for their exams as instructors for fly dressing and casting.
As a professional body we are the only one that is qualified in Ireland to teach to a diploma level and we ourselves have been trained to just below degree level in teaching.
some fishing bodies do not believe in exams for fly dressing but we do it to ensure that the candidate is trained fully to ensure that they know what they are talking about and carry out professional classes to the highest standard, and believe me it is hard work for them, at least six months studying before they are assessed to see if they are competent to go for the exam.
I will post pictures of the new patterns later today
all the best
Laurie
Old 09-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Well as promised here is some of the new patterns i have come up with for the Lake fishing.
We know for a fact that these will work over here
Enjoy

the gold george
hook size 10 kamasan
thread black 8/0
tail flo orange floss
body gold ho tinsel
body hackle flo orange
rib gold utc wire
legs flo orange cock pheasant
front hackle flo orange guinea