The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold
Default Gray Ghost 9-18-11

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:09 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gray Ghost 9-18-11

Way to go, Kelly!

Right down to the Golden Pheasant crests on the body top and the throat. The Carrie touch with the stripe on the head is nice, too.

Looks like an 8x or even a 10x streamer hook.

Very nice tie!

Pocono
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You have come a long way Kelly! Bravo on this effort, very nice.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-21-2011, 07:11 PM

kelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to beholdkelkay is a splendid one to behold

Thank you Pocono. It is a 10x hook. Glad you liked it. I am trying to get it right. :-)

Thanks Ard, I appreciate the compliment.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Great did
Everything is special on this fly,even the head with that red spot
Old 09-21-2011, 07:35 PM

Thanks madjoni...actually it is a stripe, although from the photo, I can see it looks like a spot...glad you liked the fly...I think this one is my best so far of Carrie's fly.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Think you can get a half-dozen of those to Buffalo by 5am tomorrow? I feel like the steelhead would definitely chow down on a few of those!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 PM

No, I wish I could. But these flies take me a few hours to do. I am guessing 4.5-5 hours a fly. That does not count the head work afterwards. Two hours between coats of head cement. This is on a 10x hook, you wouldn't want to try casting them, they are for trolling. I am gonna make some for casting soon though.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:13 PM

BlueDun has a spectacular aura aboutBlueDun has a spectacular aura about

That fly looks great, Kelly!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:17 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Wow, it just clicked how ridiculously long the shank on that hook is! Definitely a beauty, Kelly!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...