The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold
Default wire copper john variants

Just getting ready for the Irish fly fair in Galway
been tying up copper john variants that have worked amazingly last month on the rivers,and to tell the truth i have struggled to get orders finished
here are a few of them enjoy

THE BLACK AND OLIVE JOHN
Click the image to open in full size.

THE BLACK AND GOLD JOHN

THE PINK AND BLACK JOHN

THE WOVEN OLIVE JOHN

THE WOVEN TEAL BLUE AND SILVER JOHN

THE WOVEN RED AND SILVER JOHN

THE WOVEN BLACK AND GOLD JOHN
Old 11-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wire copper john variants

Laurie: Pretty nice work, congrats!

Larry

Old 11-03-2011, 08:14 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Laurie, Beautifully tyed flies...

Dan
Old 11-03-2011, 08:33 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice flies, I'll have to try some of those patterns. I found myself looking for a 'black and tan' version..
Old 11-03-2011, 08:51 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Those are just plain beautiful!
Since you like two colors, have you tied any Zebra Johns in black and silver? They worked wonders for me in Pennsylvania a couple years ago. The fish just chomped 'em.

I wish I could sit down and watch you tie those woven flies. Gorgeous!
Old 11-03-2011, 08:53 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Hey Laurie...These look really good. I went to your web site and it's fun to see what you're tieing there. Bumblers and Brassies and Diawl Bachs, oh my. Do you have customers in the US?

-Mike
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Those are great looking patterns .What is the black under the wire ,is it wire also.Love the woven ones
Old 11-03-2011, 09:04 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

thanks for the sexy flies. They look great.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
I wish I could sit down and watch you tie those woven flies. Gorgeous!
Laurie,

Maybe if you have time you could put together a video of this fly being tied, or maybe you already have one on your blog. I know i saw some of your videos recently.

I'l like to learn the weaving techinque and it looks like you have it down to a tee.

Addicted To Vise
Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 AM

laurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to beholdlaurie is a splendid one to behold

hi stimulator 2 the black is the wire
i use 3 black and 2 other colors for the effect
i will get a video done soon on the technique