wire copper john variants

laurie

Reaction score
Just getting ready for the Irish fly fair in Galway
been tying up copper john variants that have worked amazingly last month on the rivers,and to tell the truth i have struggled to get orders finished
here are a few of them enjoy

THE BLACK AND OLIVE JOHN

THE BLACK AND GOLD JOHN

THE PINK AND BLACK JOHN

THE WOVEN OLIVE JOHN

THE WOVEN TEAL BLUE AND SILVER JOHN

THE WOVEN RED AND SILVER JOHN

THE WOVEN BLACK AND GOLD JOHN

williamhj

Reaction score
Very nice flies, I'll have to try some of those patterns. I found myself looking for a 'black and tan' version..

Jackster

Reaction score
Those are just plain beautiful!
Since you like two colors, have you tied any Zebra Johns in black and silver? They worked wonders for me in Pennsylvania a couple years ago. The fish just chomped 'em.

I wish I could sit down and watch you tie those woven flies. Gorgeous!

mikel

Reaction score
Hey Laurie...These look really good. I went to your web site and it's fun to see what you're tieing there. Bumblers and Brassies and Diawl Bachs, oh my. Do you have customers in the US?

-Mike

stimulator2

Reaction score
Those are great looking patterns .What is the black under the wire ,is it wire also.Love the woven ones

Reaction score
I wish I could sit down and watch you tie those woven flies. Gorgeous!
Laurie,

Maybe if you have time you could put together a video of this fly being tied, or maybe you already have one on your blog. I know i saw some of your videos recently.

I'l like to learn the weaving techinque and it looks like you have it down to a tee.

Jackster

Reaction score
On the first flies it looks as though you wound the rib in the opposite way you did the underwires. Is that what I'm seeing?

jcw355

Reaction score
The weave technique is cool, I used it on a couple of buggers I tied. Didn't catch anything on them but they were a test pattern to see if I could do it.