The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Tyer's Round Table > Share Patterns

Share Patterns List your favorite and selfmade fly patterns. Share with other tyers. Learn how to tie various flies...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 11:36 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Re: JP's flies step by step...for beginners.

Very nice, yet again! I like the double bead with colored head - are these colored, metal beads or plastic craft beads?
Old 12-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your kind comments Deanthese are plastic beads...the orange ones are a"plus" mainly on rainbows.The problem is they sometimes break when you hit a rock or unhook a fish by holding the hook only
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Another great step by step!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:31 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Got my goose biots and dubbing today, so I'll give it a whirl before Christmas.

Also ordered the components for my rod build; it's getting exciting!

Pocono
Old 12-22-2011, 03:07 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a stab at your Chub Special, J-P.

I think I need more taper forward to the body and probably a tighter dubbing wrap. I put a little 'tude into the upswept wings!

I'll try some more of these, and some variations, over the Christmas holidays.

I've fished this pattern courtesy of J-P, and it's been a good one!

Pocono
Old 12-22-2011, 03:13 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I can't wait to finish my schoolwork so I can get back to tying and fishing. I'm getting twitchy.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM

madjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud ofmadjoni has much to be proud of
Send a message via Skype™ to madjoni

Great thread you started here JP
Old 12-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

JP,

I got the PM and I just want to say the flies are wonderful, please keep them coming,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-23-2011, 07:59 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

sweet SBS's JP, I also like the bic trick, that should make ship finishing a lot easier both in front and behind. I am going to be off (hopefully) a few days and will give these a try, though very little dry fly action during the winter, unless we get a cloudy and warming day - which happens occasionally. The chub special is a similar fly to one I caught a real nice brown on last winter in the river.

keep em coming.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Allanbig chub are waiting for you...they love fat hairy nymphs so add a little dubbing,you have to catch a huge one next time you come
AJ,Mladen and Webrx thanks for your comments
Ard...got your card today
quote:and I just want to say the flies are wonderful, please keep them coming,

First time a big guy with a mustache talks to me so gently